Delivery – Online and Mobile Asynchronous Learning: Students can complete this highly engaging and interactive course on any Apple iOS, android phone, tablet, or desktop computer. The course can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
20 hours/8 weeks maximum
This course focuses on the important caregiving activities that allow personal care clients to pursue their daily lives safely and comfortably. Students will learn effective and accepted practices that allow them to help manage client’s homes, nutrition, hygiene, and grooming. The course emphasizes professional practices that maximize a client’s ability to thrive.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued both a digital badge and certificate of course completion, affirming that they have achieved the competencies and objectives of the course.
Competencies and Objectives:
- Explain proper positioning and repositioning.
- Incorporate the principles of home management when providing client care.
- Apply recommendations of Canada’s Food Guide and identify basic nutritional concepts and the role of basic food compounds and fluids in nutrition and chronic disease.
- Provide hygiene and grooming assistance to clients, according to the plan of care/service plan.
- Being a Caregiver
- Home Management
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Lifting & Mobility Assistance
- Transferring Into and Out of a Car
Cost – $250