Delivery – Online and Mobile Asynchronous Learning: Students can complete this highly engaging and interactive course on any Apple iOS, android phone, tablet, or desktop computer. The course can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
15 hours/8 weeks maximum
This highly interactive mobile learning course focuses on equity, diversity and inclusion training to prepare learners to recognize the effect of culture on health, illness and decision making. Students will learn about and reflect on a variety of issues that may create a bias in care and practice techniques to overcome these issues.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued both a digital badge and certificate of completion, affirming that they have achieved the competencies and objectives of the course.
Competencies and Objectives:
- Recognize the effect of culture on health, illness and decision making.
- Explain terms related to ethics, morals, values and beliefs as related to healthcare ethics.
- Identify how verbal and non-verbal communication may be shaped by cultural practices.
- Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- Understanding Dignity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Belonging and Equity
- Culture and Cultural Differences
- Person-Centered Care
- Ethics and Legal Issues in Caregiving
Cost – $250