Delivery – Online and Mobile Asynchronous Learning: Students can complete this highly engaging and interactive course on any Apple iOS, android phone, tablet, or desktop computer. The course can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
25 hours/8 weeks maximum
Focusing on the perspective of a prospective entry-level personal care assistant, this course addresses medical anatomy and terminology from a practical perspective in its daily use. Students will learn about a variety of diseases and disorders that are commonly found in personal care settings and then understand the underlying anatomy and commonly used terminology that describes these conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued both a digital badge and certificate of course completion, affirming that they have achieved the competencies and objectives of the course.
Competencies and Objectives:
- Identify the basic word elements used to construct medical terminology, including the meanings of common Greek and Latin prefixes, suffixes, and root words.
- Identify common anatomical, physiological, and directional terms used in relation to human anatomy and physiology.
- Learn the meanings of common medical terms and abbreviations used in healthcare settings.
- Identify the basic structure and function of all human body systems.
- Identify common illnesses associated with the human body systems.
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy Basics
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Chronic Renal Failure & Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
Cost – $250