Delivery – Online and Mobile Asynchronous Learning: Students can complete this highly engaging and interactive course on any Apple iOS, android phone, tablet, or desktop computer. The course can be accessed anytime and anywhere.
20 hours/8 weeks maximum
Practical understanding and procedures that can be used to slow and stop the spread of infections in healthcare settings are examined in this course. Students will learn about the underlying causes and types of different infections that are encountered in personal care environments. Positive steps that can be used to prevent infection, including the use of personal protective equipment are covered.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be issued both a digital badge and certificate of completion, affirming that they have achieved the competencies and objectives of the course.
Competencies and Objectives:
- Identify steps to minimize transmission of micro-organisms, contamination or cross infection.
- Identify steps to minimize the impact of common public health issues.
- Identify and use routine practices including hand hygiene, personal protective equipment and environmental and administrative controls.
- Select and use personal protective equipment and infection prevention control measures in the provision of personal care and/or home management services in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- What Is Infection
- Spread of Infection
- Drug Resistance and Infections in Healthcare
- Preventing Infection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Cost – $250